General Conditions of Entry
- In these Conditions the following definitions shall apply:
“Agreement” – the agreement between you and [International Association of Athletics Federations comprised of the Event Conditions and these Conditions of Entry;
“Data Protection Legislation” – Monegasque Law 1, 165 dated December 23, 1993, General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (EU) and any applicable national laws of the country in which you are taking part in the Event;
“Event” – means ‘IAAF run24:1’ organised by IAAF, your national Member Federation and/or Local Race Organiser;
“Event Conditions” – any terms and conditions your Member Federation needs to insert to run the Event in your country because of national law, in addition to these General Conditions of Entry, provided to you by IAAF in respect of the Event from time to time;
“Event Date” – the announced date of the Event;
‘Local Race Organiser’ – the organisation responsible for the operational delivery of the Event in your country (city);
‘Member Federation’ means your national athletics federation in your country who is member of the IAAF
“Officials” – any event officials as appointed by the IAAF, Member Federation and/or Local Race Organiser from time to time;
“Personal Data” – shall have the meaning given to it in Data Protection Legislation;
“Rules” – the laws, rules, and regulations of IAAF and Member Federation;
“we”, “us”, “our”, “IAAF” – means International Association of Athletics Federations whose principal office is 6-8, Quai Antoine 1er, BP 359, MC 98007 Monaco Cedex;
“you” “your” – the entrant to the Event or, where you are signing as a parent or guardian for a child aged under 18 for whom you are responsible, your child;
- By submitting your application you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these General Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the Officials of the Event.
- You are subject to the rules of the IAAF and Member Federation. If you are an entrant using a wheelchair you will also be subject to the rules of World Para Athletics. If there is any conflict between these rules and the Agreement, the Agreement shall apply to the extent of the conflict.
- You confirm you are fit and healthy to participate in the Event and do not suffer any medical conditions or treatment that would stop you from taking part in the Event and, we recommend, you consult a medical expert about you participating in this Event. You acknowledge that participating the Event is not free from risk, injury and illness and understand and accept that risk.
- If you are under the age of 18 years then your Parent/Guardian have agreed to these terms and conditions on your behalf and that you can enter and participate in this Event.
- You are permitted to run for charity or good cause if you wish to do so.
- You acknowledge and understand there are no medals, certificates, awards or prizes for participating in the Event.
- If, in accordance with Condition 4.1, you are refused entry to the Event or we ask you to cease participation in the Event, you must remove any bib numbers and return them to an Official.
- EVENT SAFETY
- At all times during the Event you must follow all instructions given by the Officials.
- Participation in the Event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number. Any breach of this Condition shall mean your entry is void. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events.
- You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
- any wheeled device (subject to Condition 3.5);
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals; or
- any other item that could potentially obstruct the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
- You warrant to us that you will be on the Event Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you take your child / dependant to seek medical advice.
- If you enter as a wheelchair user at the Event, you are only permitted to use a self-propelled wheelchair without gears or any mechanical, powered or electronic aid or device.
- EVENT EJECTION
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask you to cease participation if:-
- you fail to follow instructions given by Officials;
- you attempt to participate in the Event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:- (a) may cause injury to you or another participant; (b) may damage or harm the environment; (c) in our opinion is likely to cause offence; or (d) otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in part, to comply with the restrictions in Conditions 2 or 3;
- in our opinion you are unfit to participate in the Event due to:- (a) the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs; (b) an injury or illness; or
- you fail to arrive at the start location by the specified time; or
- you are unable to make sufficient progress in the Event to allow you to complete the event in line with timelines set by Officials.
- CANCELLATION BY US
- We may cancel the Event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or weather conditions.
- In such circumstances we will, if practicable, provide written notice of cancellation to the address we hold for you. In the event that written notice is not practicable due to the timescales involved we will use reasonable endeavours to provide other suitable methods of notice including, e-mail, mobile phone, text message, television and radio broadcasts and notices on our website.
- In the event of cancellation of the Event we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
- PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
|Personal Data Type||Business Purpose for its Use||Legal Basis upon which we use it||Retention Period|
|First Name; Last Name; Email Address; Date of Birth; Gender; Wheelchair Entrant; [Photos, Video Footage of you when running at the Event]||To register you for the event and keep you updated about the Event and, if you have opted in, sending you newsletters from the IAAF||Consent||From the time you register until 5 years after the end of the event. If you agreed to receive information about similar events until such time as withdraw (unsubscribe) your consent (we will retain your first name’ last name and email address if you sign-up to receive the news about future similar events)|
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and member Federation and Local Race Organiser in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our Event partners for the purposes of the promotion and marketing of the Event.
- If you have agreed that we may pass your name and email address to our commercial partners to contact you about news, offers, competitions and events they may hold then we will share them, securely, with the commercial partners listed on our website at: https://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/partners
- CHANGES TO THE EVENT
- We reserve the right to change the course, or make any other amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
- Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with Condition 6.1 for the avoidance of doubt you agree that the Event is still deemed to be staged and that we will not be liable to you.
- USE OF IMAGE
- You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- The Event may be televised and photographs may be taken which capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of such photographs and broadcasts and their use by us in future publications and publicity of similar events in the future only. You acknowledge that our events may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs and/or footage may be taken, all of which may capture your participation in any such event. By entering an event you grant us and those authorised by us the free and unbound right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
- Without prejudice to clause 8.2, you accept and acknowledge that official photography suppliers to the Event may take photographs of you during your participation in an event. In this connection, by ticking acceptance of these terms and conditions during registration, you accept, acknowledge and agree that:
- we and our official photography supplier may identify you in an image with reference to your bib number;
- we and our official photography supplier may advertise and sell photographs of you competing at the event on our Website and official photography supplier’s website.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
- loss or damage;
- loss of profit;
- loss of reputation;
- loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
- consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:(a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;(b) is reasonably foreseeable; or(c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- If there is a conflict or inconsistency between any provision contained in the body of these Conditions of Entry and any provision contained in the Event Conditions, except where provided to the contrary in the latter, the Event Conditions prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
- The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
- The Agreement shall be governed by Monegasque Law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Monaco.
- If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.